Representing today’s top emerging leaders, this list recognizes 30 talented young professionals who have the initiative, drive, integrity and creativity to move the industry forward in the decades to come.
“Bright, up-and-coming talent is the key to our industry’s future,'” said Misty Byers, editor of tED magazine. “This is the sixth year for our ’30 Under 35′ program, and the response just keeps growing. We had a record number of entries this year; it’s exciting to see so many valued young people in the electrical channel today. Through their accomplishments, the individuals on this list demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge to lead.”
The competition, open to electrical professionals 34 years old or younger (*at the time of nomination), drew nominations from mentors, managers and other industry leaders working in electrical distribution, manufacturing, and related technology and service organizations. The tED editorial team blindly judged each submission, placing emphasis on such traits as dedication, innovation, leadership and people skills, commitment to training, personal integrity and work-life balance.
tED magazine and NAED congratulate the 2017 “30 Under 35” professionals:
- Alejandro Berner, 34, Bricos, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Maren Bochinger, 32, LEDVANCE
- Mac Doyle, 27, Shealy Electrical Wholesalers, a division of Border States, Raleigh, N.C.
- Erin Ducharme, 33, USESI, Stoughton, Mass.
- Nicole Duffy, 31, The Hite Company, Altoona, Pa.
- Devin Ezop, 32, Metro Wire & Cable
- Ryan Flynn, 35*, Eaton
- Max Gabin, 27, Rexel, San Diego
- Aaron Ganick, 29, LEDVANCE
- Wilbert (Bill) Gilpin, 30, Werner Electric MN, Cottage Grove, Minn.
- Mike Grossman, 32, Dakota Supply Group, Fargo, N.D.
- J.D. Henigman, 30, Graybar, Evansville, Ind.
- Blake Hulgan, 31, Graybar, Norcross, Ga.
- Christopher Jenkins, 34, Graybar, Houston
- Anne Kayla, 26, Hubbell Lighting
- Dave Karr, 34, Mayer Electric Supply, Birmingham, Ala.
- Rhandi Kuchenmeister, 34, K/E Electric Supply, Mount Clemens, Mich.
- Julie Landis, 31, Rexel, Denver
- Brandon May, 34, Butler Supply, Columbia, Mo.
- Ryan Micheletto, 30, Crescent Electric Supply, Joliet, Ill.
- Chris Osborne, 32, Mars Electric, Mayfield Village, Ohio
- Cody Paulsen, 25, Crescent Electric Supply, Minneapolis
- Jason Peters, 33, Graybar, St. Louis
- Brian Rooney, 27, Crescent Electric Supply, McHenry, Ill.
- Jase Rosendahl, 28, Dakota Supply Group, Rochester, Minn.
- Jeff Turner, 33, Guillevin International, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Tom Veltri, 28, Hubbell Lighting, Greenville, S.C.
- Michael Venditto, 29, Rexel, Capitol Heights, Md.
- Jonathan Wells, 32, Eaton Corporation—Cooper Power Systems Division
- Shane Woerner, 31, Border States Electric, West Columbia, S.C.
tED magazine will recognize these 30 honorees in its July print and online issues as well as during a special ceremony at the 2017 NAED Leadership Enhancement and Development (LEAD) Conference, taking place July 19-21 in Denver. Registration for this event is now open.
Tagged with lighting, NAED, tED