Here are the top stories from the Associated Press for Friday, May 26.
1. TEXAS LAWMAKERS ISSUE ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL
20 articles of impeachment include bribery, unfitness for office, and abuse of public trust.
2. CALIFORNIA’S EPIC SNOWMELT MEANS DANGEROUS WATER AHEAD OF THE LONG WEEKEND
At least seven people, including two children, have died or gone missing this spring.
3. CLIMBERS CELEBRATE MOUNT EVEREST’S 70TH ANNIVERSARY
The deteriorating conditions on Everest are raising concerns for the mountaineering community.
4. JUDGE TO SENTENCE 2 OATH KEEPERS
The 2 Army veterans were acquitted of seditious conspiracy but convicted of obstructing Congress in the Jan. 6 riot.
5. THE U.S. IS GIVING AWAY LIGHTHOUSES
Ten lighthouses are being given away at no cost or sold at auction by the federal government.
Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tagged with 10 things