Philips Lighting is reorganizing its North American business sales and operations around a solution-selling approach. These efforts, the company says, will give partners and customers access to the full suite of Philips’ lighting products through a centralized organization that will accelerate their own ability to service customers.
Over the last few years, the company has completed a number of strategic acquisitions that have helped lay the foundation for its holistic approach around LED lighting. By combining all of the assets in the Philips portfolio, the company says it is positioned to make a difference in the segments the company serves.
The new organizational changes include:
- A single point-of-contact with dedicated lighting expertise
- Answers from functional subject matter experts
- Consolidated order status visibility across all business sectors, as well as reducing duplication of paperwork — one quote and purchase order across Philips lighting products
- Centrally led sales and customer support team providing one point of contact to the customer
- Sales support center to streamline non-customer facing activities
- Customer fulfillment center to provide continuity across back-end business processes
- Smaller geographical zones allowing for a closer relationship with local customers
“As a company, our goal is to not only be a leader in innovation, but to be a trusted partner, ultimately providing our customers with the best possible solution and experience,” said Bruno Biasiotta, president and CEO of Philips Lighting North America. “These new initiatives will allow us to be more responsive in supporting customers while giving them the flexibility to get best-of-breed-products or a complete lighting solution from us based our their unique needs.”Tagged with lighting, Philips, tED