PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J. — The National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors (NAILD) will address LEDs and controls and their impact on the industry at its Annual Conference this year, themed Lighting the Way – Leading the Way, April 26 – 29 in Denver. The conference will help guide attendees through an evolving industry with educational sessions, networking opportunities and hands-on exhibitions.
“The NAILD Annual Conference is the perfect forum for lighting professionals to gather to discuss the future of the lighting industry,” said Kevin Eagan, NAILD president. “The dynamic speakers we have lined up for this year’s conference will help attendees navigate the ever changing landscape of the lighting industry and prepare for the future.”
NAILD’s Annual Conference gathers top lighting distributors and vendor manufacturers from across the country, helping to advance professional development and industry networking connections, while staying on top of current trends, best practices and new products.
Karl Mecklenburg, former Denver Bronco and NFL All-Pro, will kick-off the event with his keynote speech: Six Keys to Success. Mecklenburg will discuss the lessons that life in the NFL taught him about teamwork, courage, dedication, desire, honestly and forgiveness, and goal setting as they relate to the lighting industry.
Duane Cashin, Sales Growth Strategist, will deliver his keynote speech on day two of the conference on Moving the Needle on Sales Performance. Cashin will help NAILD attendees look beyond the long-held traditional theories to a new holistic outlook and methodology, one that delivers more sales, better service and long-term relationships with customers.
NAILD has also secured a number of lighting industry professionals to deliver compelling educational sessions
- Jack Curran, LED Transformations, Inc. will deliver a presentation on LEDs and Lighting Controls – What It Can Mean for Your Business.
- Jim Benya, Benya Burnett Consultancy will discuss the ever-changing world of Lighting Controls. This session will include a panel discussion for attendees to gain greater insight into the many facets of lighting controls.
- Mark Lien LC, CLEP, CLMC, HBDP, LEED BAD&C, Director – Government & Industry Relations, OSRAM SYLVANIA will deliver a presentation on the Future of Lighting. This presentation will analyze the changes to energy, regulations, trends and technology that are positioned to dissolve the industry as we know it.
Two unique features at the conference will be returning this year: Organized Casual Conference (OCCs) and the Product Sprint.
- The OCCs are the best way for NAILD members to get in front of new customers in an organized networking format. Exhibitors will have an opportunity for one-on-one introductions with distributors.
- During NAILD’s Product Sprint, exhibitors will have an opportunity to showcase their newest products with distributors.
For more information or to register for NAILD’s Annual Conference, please visit www.naild.org/events/annual-conference/. For additional information, contact Linda Daniel, administrator, at Lmd@naild.org.
About The National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors (NAILD)
Founded in 1977, The National Association of Independent Lighting Distributors (NAILD) is a non-profit trade association made up of specialty lighting distributors and vendor/manufacturers of lighting goods and supplies used in the operation of specialized lighting distributors. NAILD’s mission is to provide its members the opportunity to grow their businesses profitably through education, networking, and technology. For more information, visit www.naild.org.