ATLANTA—Today, Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) (“Acuity”), a market-leading industrial technology company, released its annual EarthLIGHT Report highlighting many of its Fiscal Year 2023 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) accomplishments. The EarthLIGHT Report shares Acuity’s annual progress update on certain strategic priorities and specific efforts around ESG.
“The EarthLIGHT Report is a way for us to show how building a stronger business and helping to have a positive environmental impact go hand in hand,” said Neil M. Ashe, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Acuity Brands.
“We have successfully positioned our Company at the intersection of sustainability and technology, setting ourselves up for long-term growth by taking advantage of two of the most important mega-trends: minimizing the impacts of climate change and maximizing the impacts of technology,” said Ashe. “Our strategy is manifested through EarthLIGHT. It is the way we coordinate our efforts around Environmental, Social, and Governance considerations, measure our performance in key areas, and communicate about those efforts to our various stakeholders.”
Key Highlights included in the 2023 EarthLIGHT Report:
- Gaining verification of Acuity’s net-zero science-based target from the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) – to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions across their value chain by 2040.
- Becoming an official Water Savings Network partner with the U.S. Department of Energy, to track water use intensity improvements and share successful strategies and solutions.
- Continuing to invest in operational energy efficiency and resource savings, by opening the new Santa Rosa Production Facility in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, which includes a highly efficient, state-of-the-art paint line.
- Announcing the discontinuation of manufacturing less efficient Fluorescent and HID luminaires by the end of calendar 2023.
- Elevating service levels for customers through the launch of the Design Select™ program to make it easy to choose superior energy-efficient lighting solutions with dependable service.
- Expanding the addressable market for Distech Controls building management solutions by adding commercial refrigeration controls through the acquisition of KE2 Therm Solutions, Inc., helping customers reduce energy consumption resulting from heavy refrigeration load.
- Introducing new applications in the cloud, including Atrius® Energy and Atrius® Sustainability, that are already making a difference for customers.
- Launching two new Employee Resource Groups – the Veterans Network and Mind Matters – keeping associates engaged and connected and increasing a sense of belonging year-round.
For more information and to download a copy of the Fiscal 2023 EarthLIGHT Report, click here.
Tagged with Acuity, ESG