HOUSTON, Texas — ABB Robotics will host an open house Sept. 9, 2015, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at their newly opened Houston facility. The event will feature robotic demonstrations and technical seminars targeted to benefit both those considering an initial foray into robotic automation, as well as those looking to upgrade or expand their existing robotic lines.
The 21,000ft sq. ft. facility, located at 7210 Empire Central Drive, was opened earlier this year to provide more proximate robotic automation application support and product training classes to customers in Houston and the surrounding areas. More information on ABB’s robotics training curriculum is available at ABB’s website.
The open house will feature the following robotic demos:
- Robotic TIP-TIG Welding: unique to ABB, this revolutionary new, patent pending technology integrates user-friendly robotics with the TIP-TIG process, enhancing with robotic automation the higher travel speed, lower heat input, and better quality welding advantages the TIP-TIG process provides.
- Compact machine tending function package: A compact, pre-engineered robotic machine-tending cell with a vision guided ABB robot, designed for small parts and compatible with a wide range of machine tools.
- FlexMT: A flexible machine tending system, designed for both small batch and high-volume production, and to handle most any size and type of part. It can be used with a wide range of machine tools, including horizontal and vertical lathes, machining centers, 5-axis machines, and grinders.
- FlexArc Welding Cell: A fully configured quick start, modular robotic welding package equipped with an array of options to suit the needs of many small to medium welding operations.
- High speed palletizing: Featuring an IRB 460 4-axis robot, the fastest palletizer in its payload class (110kg), capable of up to 2,190 cycles per hour.
- Training robot: An IRB 140 robot demonstrating the depth and hands-on nature of ABB’s robotic training programs.
Additionally, the event will feature a rotating schedule of technical seminars on robotic machine tending, machining, material removal, and welding & cutting.
“ABB Robotics is committed to Houston and the oil and gas industry,” said Keith Fox, vice president, ABB Robotics. “Our growing presence in the area will help our current and future customers improve their manufacturing processes by offering world class robotic automation technology and expertise.”
A group of local robotic value providers with experience providing automation solutions with ABB robots will also be exhibiting at the open house.
Industrial robots are becoming more frequently adopted by oil and gas equipment companies, including manufacturers of tubular components, downhole equipment, valve technology, and blowout preventers.
- 8:00 am to 9:00 am: Registration opens and breakfast is served
- 9:00 am to Noon: Demo floor and technical seminars
- Noon to 1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Demo floor and technical seminars
For more information, please call 281.210.0223. There is no charge for the event.
Tagged with lighting, tED