The Shanghai Bund features tunable white LED to show historic buildings in the best light – all controlled by Signify’s Interact Landmark system
SHANGHAI, China – Signify, formerly Philips Lighting, announced that it has dynamically lit the iconic Shanghai Bund which includes more than 40 historic buildings along the waterfront. This complements the project announced last November to give a lighting facelift for the Shanghai Municipality encompassing three bridges and 77 buildings in the financial and tourist districts.
Shanghai’s historic 1930’s Bund features tunable white LED facade lighting on 23 out of over 40 buildings that comprise the project to emphasize the classical color tones of this architectural masterpiece with: Signify’s Interact Landmark system, ColorKinetics ColorReach and eW Reach, Philips UniFlood and UniStrip LED luminaires. Interact Landmark is being used to monitor and maintain the lighting on the Shanghai Bund building as well as rooftops in the Pudong area and the Yangpu, Nanpu and Xupu bridges.
Signify is committed to helping Chinese cities develop more eco-friendly business and tourist landmarks by using connected LED lighting to lower energy use and reduce operating costs. The city is expected to save 50-70% of annual lighting costs by moving to connected LED lighting when compared to areas of Shanghai previously lit with conventional lighting.
The lighting design for the historic Shanghai Bund facades involved a host of designers including:
- Fisher Marantz & Stone in association with Uno Lai Lighting Design & Associates were the Project Concept Advisors and designers of The Customs House and Pudong Development Bank facades
- UNOLAI Lighting Design & Associates designed the Asia Building and The House of Roosevelt, Shanghai Clearing House facades
- Tungsten-Studio Lighting Design designed The Peace Hotel, The Swatch Art Peace Hotel, The Public Service Center of the Bund, Bangkok Bank, Bund 6, Bund 5, Bund 3, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai Hotel and The Meteorological Tower facades
- Shanghai Luoman Lighting Technologies Inc., designed The China Merchants Company Building, Shanghai Foreign Exchange Trade Centre, Agricultural Bank of China and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China facades
- Landscape Lighting Management Institute, Huangpu District Shanghai designed the AIA and Bank of China building facades
- Tongji Architectural design (Group) Co.,Ltd designed the Shanghai Federation of Trade Unions Building and China Everbright Bank facades
- Shanghai Xian Dai Architectural design (Group) Co.,Ltd designed the Bank of Taiwan and The Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China building facades.
Visit the Signify Press Office Instagram gallery of photos – including the historic Shanghai Bund buildings and Huangpu riverside.Tagged with Shanghai, Signify