COOPERSBURG, Pa. — Lutron Electronics has announced the details of its annual Excellence Awards competition. Now in its 16th year, the Lutron Excellence Awards program recognizes the world’s best residential projects using Lutron lighting and shade control solutions, including HomeWorks QS, RadioRA 2, and RA2 Select lighting control systems, Palladiom, Sivoia QS, and Triathlon shading systems, and Ketra and Ivalo lighting fixture and bulb solutions.
- Online entries will be accepted July 1 – August 9, 2019.
- Winners will be recognized at a dinner event on Thursday, Sept. 12th during CEDIA Expo.
- All companies that submit an entry will receive two tickets to the Excellence Awards event.
- Winners will receive a crystal award, marketing materials, and will have their names added to a plaque at Lutron’s Experience Centers.
“The Lutron Excellence Awards competition gives us a glimpse into the world’s most exclusive homes, including impeccable design and seamless integration of Lutron solutions,” said Michael Smith, Vice-President of Sales. “It’s Lutron’s pleasure to recognize our customers with this industry distinction and celebrate their continued commitment to taking care of Lutron customers with the world’s best lighting and shading control solutions.”
One winner will be chosen for each of these 10 categories:
- Best Use of Lutron Shading Solutions– Show us your best Lutron shading installation. What challenges did you encounter during the design and/or installation process? What homeowner requests needed to be considered? How are the shades integrated into the rest of the home’s control systems?
- The Essence of Pleasance– Submit your flagship Lutron project from the past year. It should embrace everything pleasance stands for – a fundamental feeling that is hard to define, but people desire to experience. It should encompass Lutron lighting, shading and fixtures and is likely the standout project in your portfolio.
- Best Lutron System Integration– Show us how you’re creating a memorable experience through Lutron system integration. Was it a solution to an identified client issue? How have you simplified your clients’ daily routines with integration? What makes this integration unique?
- Best HomeWorks QS Project– Submit your best application of a HomeWorks QS system, including the keypads, the panel wiring, and the integration with other systems (including Lutron shades). Tell us why a HomeWorks QS system was the clear choice for your clients and tell us about challenges you needed to overcome, and/or special requests.
- Best System Upgrade– Tell us about an outdated lighting control system that your client “inherited” as part of a move, or that stopped working due to age, and how a Lutron system was installed in its place.
- Best Use of Lutron Lighting and Shading Controls in a Specialty Room– Show us the best specialty room project you’ve done – whether it’s a garage full of exotic cars, a room of sports memorabilia, or a walk-in closet that mimics a department store. Talk about the role Lutron products played in the room’s design.
- Best RadioRA 2 or RA 2 Select Project– Submit your best RadioRA 2 or RA2 Select project, including challenges you had to overcome, customer requests and integration.
- Best Application of Lutron Ketra or Ivalo Lighting– Submit your favorite project that includes Ketra or Ivalo lighting and how you used it to enhance the home’s design.
- Best Collaboration with an Architect, Interior Designer, or Lighting Designer (NEW for 2019)– Tell us about your collaborative efforts with an architect, interior designer, or lighting designer (or a combination of them). How did you work together to satisfy the client’s connected home product requests without compromising the home’s design? How has your relationship with the architect or designer evolved and developed into more collaborative projects?
- Best Project Using Multiple Lutron Product Categories– Submit your best project that incorporates at least four Lutron product categories (lighting controls, shades, Ivalo fixtures and/or downlights, Ketra fixtures and lamps, thermostats, sensors).
Visit www.lutron.com/excellenceawards for a complete list of rules and requirements, category descriptions, tips for crafting your entry, and to enter.Tagged with Lutron