NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. — Effective July 1, 2019, Jennifer Jaques assumes the office of President and Antonio Garza the office of Vice President (President-Elect) of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES), the international leader in lighting education, standards, publications and professional development.
Jennifer Jaques has been a member of IES and part of the lighting community for over 20 years. In 2000, she founded Lighting Application Sciences, LLC to provide lighting manufacturers, sales representatives, and others access to high-quality photometric calculation and rendering services.
Antonio Garza has been a member of IES since 1998. He is a mechanical and electrical engineer with more than 25 years’ experience in lighting, including a Master of Science degree with an emphasis in Lighting from the University of Colorado at Boulder. Residing in Monterrey, Mexico, Garza is a partner in Iluminacion Total, a firm that offers design, specification and sales work for all types of lighting projects.
IES Board of Directors (2019-2020)
- President: Jennifer Jaques, LC (Lighting Application Sciences, LLC)
- Vice President: Antonio Garza (Iluminacion Total, SA de CV)
- Treasurer: James Radi
- Past President: Lance Bennett (Eaton Lighting)
- At-Large Director: Frank Agraz, LC (SLS Energy Solutions)
- At-Large Director: Carl Bloomfield (Intertek)
- At-Large Director: Wilson Dau (Dau Design and Consulting, Inc.)
- At-Large Director: Naomi Miller, FIES, FIALD, LC (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
- At-Large Director: James Potts (Eaton Lighting)At-Large Director: Susanne Seitinger, Ph.D. (Verizon)
- Regional Director: Antonio Giacobbe, LC (Form Lighting and Controls)Regional Director: Rick Paradis (Synergy Investment)
- Regional Director: Michelle Prew (Eaton Lighting)
- Regional Director: Billy Tubb (Theatre Consultant)
It is also important to recognize those whose Board terms have concluded and who have contributed immensely to the success of IES; Past President: Cheryl English, FIES, LC (Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc.) and At-Large Director: Francois-Xavier (FX) Morin, LC (Leviton).
“The IES has gone through a significant transition over the last few years, and our accomplishments cannot be celebrated without recognizing the hard work of Cheryl English and FX Morin for their dedication and Board service,” said Tim Licitra, IES Executive Director. “Our Society is in a better place today because of their volunteer efforts. Under Cheryl’s leadership as President and Past President we have been able to make many improvements while also setting a path for growth and prosperity. I am very excited for the future of IES under our current Board of Directors and the leadership provided by Jennifer Jaques and Antonio Garza.”
“As incoming society President, I am excited to continue the excellent work begun by my predecessors,” said Jennifer Jaques, IES President. “Through our next 5 year strategic plan, we will continue our path of growth and recognition in membership, education, standards, and research to support our members, the global lighting community, and those that impact our industry.”