The Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) recently notified winners of acceptance into the 2019 IES Progress Report, a leading industry showcase for the most innovative developments in the art and science of lighting.
The Progress Report’s product submittals are reviewed by the IES Progress Report Committee, a select group of lighting industry professionals who possess expertise in varied areas within the field. Each submittal goes through a comprehensive judging process and is evaluated for uniqueness, innovation, and significance to the lighting industry.
Lighting solutions from Acuity Brands, Hubbell Lighting, and Universal Lighting Technologies are among those showcased.
ATLANTA — Acuity Brands, Inc. announced that six Acuity Brands lighting solutions were selected for the 2019 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Report.
2019 IES Progress Report winners include:
- WINLINE 500 Series luminaires from Winona® – a linear accent luminaire family that offers superior optical performance and efficacy along with design flexibility for flood lighting, grazing, or wall washing applications.
- 3D SPANL™ flat panel from Lithonia Lighting® – newest LED panel featuring our WhiteOptics® proprietary edge-lit optics offering a 3D visual effect on a completely smooth and even lens; an ideal luminaire for Class A healthcare, office and other commercial applications.
- Miniature linear LED downlights from Aculux® – unique 1” linear downlight family with an aperture-matched wall wash that is adjustable with a full 35-degree tilt for a variety of accent lighting applications.
- Vandal-Resistant recessed LED downlight from Gotham® – industry’s first 2” aperture recessed and adjustable downlight suitable for high abuse and demanding environments.
- EVO® LED general illumination downlight family from Gotham – a 2” aperture general illumination downlight family of single, double and corner open wall washers.
- Adjustable wall mount LED cylinder from Gotham – industry’s first aiming adjustable (tilt and rotation) wall mount cylinder with high lumen packages suitable for higher mounting heights.
“We are honored to be recognized by industry experts and peers for our lighting products,” said Acuity Brands Lighting Senior Vice President Sarah Golish. “The number of awards underscores why Acuity Brands is the leading lighting solutions company in North America and reflects our ability to continuously innovate and provide customized solutions for a variety of applications.”
GREENVILLE, S.C. — Four lighting solutions from Hubbell Lighting were selected for inclusion in the 2019 Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Report.
The luminaires from Hubbell Lighting selected by the IES Progress Report Committee apply to a variety of architectural and commercial lighting applications, including manufacturing, hospitality and education. This year’s selections include:
- Peloton™ from Columbia Lighting. Peloton is the first in its class of LED linear high bays to test and certify to the UL 924 emergency lighting standard and the first to feature an uplight option of 1000-4000 lumens. The optically superior uplight option brightens space and eliminates the “cave effect” for improved luminaire/ceiling contrast and task uniformity. Peloton is the only LED linear high bay in its class to incorporate this feature.
- Pursuit™ from Architectural Area Lighting. Pursuit is the only IP66 rated exterior linear luminaire on the market that can be connected to form an uninterrupted ribbon of light up to 150 feet. This is done by providing seamless continuous runs with end-to-end internal connections and a continuous roll of external diffuser without breaks or light leaks. It also offers the highest output per linear foot for a three-inch or smaller aperture product, is the only product in its class that offers four distributions in each of direct, indirect or bidirectional optics and the only IP66 rated product in its class that offers illuminated L, T and X connectors for 90-degree bends and custom designs.
- Vora™ from Litecontrol. Vora is the only architectural edge-lit troffer available in five sizes, including the first-ever 1×1, with the highest lumen output and unlimited customization. It offers the highest available and largest range of lumen package across each offered size in comparison to competitors. It is also the first edge-lit architectural troffer available with five standard color temperatures, in both 80 and 90 CRI, and is offered in a tunable white configuration.
- SpectraClean™ from Hubbell Lighting. SpectraClean features the industry’s only line of commercial luminaires available with HINS technology offered with integrated wireless control support for four modes of operation and multiple standard lumen packages. SpectraClean luminaires are capable of operating in one of four disinfection modes with scheduled and sensor control for application-specific deployment. SpectraClean Vaportite is the first and only disinfection luminaire for food safety in manufacturing areas and cold storage.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Universal Lighting Technologies, Inc., a member of the Panasonic Group, announced that the IES Progress Committee has selected the PWX driver family for the 2019 Progress Report.
Universal Lighting Technologies’ PWX drivers are UL Class P listed, and available in 20W, 30W and 55W power levels for compact cans and 20W, 30W, 55W and 80W power levels for linear cans. The drivers feature 0–10V dimming with minimum dim level below one percent. Additionally, the PWX drivers feature low (<0.5W) standby power consumption when in the dim-to-off state and provide 1.2W of auxiliary output power at 12Vdc or 24Vdc.
“We see the controllable lighting market growing, as you are seeing very feature-rich controls that do not rely on the full feature set of a digital LED driver,” said Chris Holstein, Vice President of Product Management. “It is truly an honor to be recognized by IES alongside many of our esteemed colleagues, representing a commitment to efficiency, innovation and significance to the lighting industry.”
Universal’s PWX Series of LED drivers allow custom configuration of lumen levels and dimming curves for OEM customers’ needs through programmable features, including output current, dimming level, dimming curves and dimming control voltage. The PWX Series drivers can be programmed quickly via Universal’s EVERset™ software and tuning wand.
Click here for more information on the Progress Report.Tagged with Acuity Brands, Hubbell Lighting, Illuminating Engineering Society, Universal Lighting