CLEVELAND — GE Current, a Daintree company, is strengthening its global commercial sales organization to ensure customers are successful in their mission. The company is elevating proven leaders to drive more positive business outcomes for customers and partners alike.
“Reinforcing our ranks helps us respond faster to market shifts and allows talented performers to focus on familiar and new challenges,” said Manish Bhandari, CEO, Current. “We are focused on sustaining our momentum to build the organization with a complete focus on solving our customers’ problems.”
In March, with the appointment of Donald “Chip” Taylor as Chief Commercial Officer, Current renewed its commitment to providing strong commercial leadership as we expand our market reach. Chip brings over 25 years of electrical industry experience, including a strong track-record of collaborating with our customers and channel partners, and building a team of difference-makers. In recent weeks, Current has optimized its roster of experts tasked with creating customer value. Notable appointments include:
- Tom Scherzer as Vice President, National Distribution. Tom’s vast knowledge will help distributors and buying groups navigate a new era of possibilities with excellent growth potential. He joined GE in 1999 and most recently served as Central Region Vice President (RVP) for Current. Those who know Tom applaud his ability to work collaboratively across organizations while engaging stakeholders to move projects to completion.
- Larry Smith as Vice President, Key Accounts. Larry has built strategic relationships with Fortune 500 companies for 25 years and comes to Current from Acuity Brands Lighting. He leads a newly formed group that strives to transform indoor and outdoor environments with digital tools. Larry’s winning attitude has always been an asset to his customers.
- Mike Doss as Vice President, Specialty LED. Mike will lead opportunities to bring high-value LED lights to specialty market segments including horticulture and signage. He joined GE in 2005 and has served as a product and program manager who combines a strong technical background with a passion for selling. Mike’s energy and creativeness are admired by many highly satisfied firms.
- Mark Lovdahl as Central RVP. Mark has elected to further his career where it began. A 26-year GE veteran, he is well regarded within the Central region and is excited to reconnect with agency and distribution partners. Mark is celebrated for managing large sales teams and exceeding expectations even in times of turbulence.
- Mike Adams as Northeast RVP. Mike has a 15-year career in sales and revenue growth in the lighting, engineering, and the electrical industry. His strengths include engagement with agency and distribution partners, and cultivating relationships with architects, engineers and contractors to promote and sell controls and lighting products. Through his 12 years with Current, Mike has continued to excel and this new role will be no exception.
- Sara Tabacchi as West RVP. Sara returns back to Current after building her experiences with LSI, Telensa, Orion Energy Services and Grainger. Since rejoining the team just 10 months ago, she’s been instrumental in expanding key relationships and driving a renewed focus in the West region. Sara brings a level of energy, expertise, discipline, and spirit that we can all aspire to achieve.
Derek Publicover, South RVP and Nabil Salem, Canada RVP continue to spearhead efforts in their respective regions after being named to their posts in 2019.
Rounding out Current’s global commercial sales team is RJ Darling, Vice President, U.S. Roadway and Pablo Blancas, General Manager, Latin America—both appointed in January 2020—as well as James Fleet, Sales General Manager, Europe (March 2018) and Jacky Shen, Sales General Manager, Asia (January 2013).
We are truly excited with the possibilities that will be created as this team accelerates our engagement with customers and partners.
Tagged with GE Current