ATG recently upgraded its web-based Rebate Finder by partnering with BriteSwitch. For over 12 years, BriteSwitch has helped business owners, facility managers, contractors, and distributors understand and take advantage of rebates and incentives for the installation of energy-efficient LED lighting in commercial and industrial buildings across the U.S. and Canada.
BriteSwitch offers a unique, chat-based platform that provides all the critical rebate information customers will need to maximize their rebate dollars on every lighting project. Customers will be impressed with the ease of use and the information provided. A simple-to-use Energy Savings Calculator is also available. Completing the web-based form will take about two minutes, and it will produce useful information on a project’s annual energy savings.
Also, by partnering with BriteSwitch, the ATG team has access to the BriteSwitch RebatePro database. Using a sophisticated algorithm, RebatePro can find the geographies with the highest rebates for a specific product. We can then export that information to an Excel file and send it to our customers so they can focus their sales and marketing efforts accordingly.
ATG customers should consider the following as they plan to access utility rebate and incentive dollars in 2021.
- 2020 was an incredibly tough year. Just as we have seen in previous times of economic turmoil, like the financial crisis of 2008, rebates increased to spur participation. Because of this, 2021 is shaping up to be a solid year for commercial lighting rebates.
- Currently, 74% of the US is covered by an active commercial lighting rebate program, so most businesses in the country have a rebate available to them.
- For the first time in years, the average prescriptive rebate for LED products did not go down year over year. Historically, the rebate amounts for LEDs have fallen between 10% and 20% every year, so staying flat is a significant improvement.
- Rebates for lighting controls have been remarkably stable over the years, especially when compared to LEDs. In fact, looking at rebates over the last 10 years for all controls, there has been no change in the average rebate amounts across all categories.
- On average, it took 22% longer to get pre-approval (now 22 days) and 40% longer to get the rebate check (38 days). This trend is expected to continue in 2021, so plan enough time for pre-approval before beginning a project.
Tagged with ATG LED Lighting, rebates