LENEXA, Kan. — The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) are honoring several NAED members as 2018 ENERGY STAR Award recipients.
The EPA and the Department of Energy are honoring 163 ENERGY STAR partners this year including utilities, schools, Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, retailers, manufacturers, home builders, and commercial building owners and operators for their outstanding contributions to public health and the environment. These enterprises are named ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year for demonstrating national leadership in cost-saving energy efficient solutions. Recipients of the 2018 Partner of the Year Awards come from 35 states.
Among the winners are:
- Eaton: Partner of the Year: Sustained Excellence — Product Brand Owner
- Pentair: Partner of the Year: Sustained Excellence — Product Brand Owner
- GE Lighting: Partner of the Year — Product Brand Owner
- Metro Lighting: Partner of the Year — Retailer
- Schneider Electric: Partner of the Year — Service and Partner Provider
- Panasonic: Excellence Award — Product Design
Metro Lighting, a family-owned and operated lighting retailer headquartered in Brentwood, Missouri, received ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its highly-effective efforts in educating its employees and the community about energy efficiency.
Key 2017 accomplishments by Metro Lighting include:
- Demonstrating exceptional commitment to training its sales associates, contractors, home builders, interior designers, and retail customers on how to promote ENERGY STAR certified products. This included the creation of an online ENERGY STAR training module to educate and identify areas of improvement for sales staff.
- Educating consumers about energy efficiency, protecting the climate and the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Increasing its stock and displays of ENERGY STAR certified products from 2016.
- Continuing the annual SHOW ME LED event which, year after year, brings together a diverse crowd of people with a common interest in ENERGY STAR products, energy savings and LED technology.
The awards will be presented in Washington, D.C., at the Washington Hilton Hotel on April 20. EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation, Bill Wehrum, together with CMS Energy CEO, Patti Poppe, will deliver keynote presentations.
“The 2018 ENERGY STAR Partners of the Year have demonstrated real leadership, showing how American families and businesses can save energy, save money, and reduce air emissions,” said Wehrum.
View a list of all winners here.Tagged with Eaton, Energy Star, GE Lighting, Metro Lighting, Pentair, Schneider Electric